I wish to improve animate so that it supports 3d plots
(I want to make an animation of a moving 3d curve).
I've been told that animate does this by joining several
png files.

However, I've found no practical way to save pictures
of 3d plots. I want let's say i have:

sage: v=(sin(z+t),0,t)
sage: a=parametric_plot3d(v,(z,0,4*pi))

I want to save pictures of this for different values of t.

I've tried with

sage: tachyon_rt(a.tachyon(),'/path/to/file.png')

which saves a png but it is viewed from a very
inconvienient viewpoint. Can the viewpoint be
specified?

I've also tried with

sage: a.show(filename='/path/to/file.png')

but it did not produce a file.