Hi,

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 11:01 AM,  <calcp...@aol.com> wrote:
> OK, let me get this straight - if I download SAGE binaries (or source files
> to compile) to install locally on my linux boxes on my LAN, I can use
> parallel python to run a cluster?

I'm not sure about that. See the website of Parallel Python [1] for
what it has to offer. There are many other Python packages that might
do what you want. See the Python website [2] for more information.

> In other words, is pp included when
> installing SAGE locally?

Third-party Python packages can be installed under the following
directory of your Sage installation:

SAGE_ROOT/local/lib/python/site-packages/

A Python package usually comes with a file called setup.py, located at
its top-level directory. To install, say, pp under the above directory
of your Sage installation, cd to the top-level directory of pp and
issue the command

/path/to/sage-x.y.z/sage -python setup.py install

This would install pp under SAGE_ROOT/local/lib/python/site-packages/.
Once pp is installed you can use it from the Sage command line
interface by importing pp as a module. For more information on using
pp, please refer to its website.

[1] http://www.parallelpython.com

[2] http://wiki.python.org/moin/ParallelProcessing

--