Hello,
I have an interesting problem and I hope it is possible to solve it using
sage.
I have a scanned digitized graph of a magnetic hysteresis loop.
That is, I have a list of points [(H0,B0),(H1,B1)....(Hn,Bn)]
however, the points are not ordered in any meaningful way.
In order to calculate the hysteresis loss, which is the area enclosed by the
loop, I need to somehow convert the list of points into a polyngon
(clockwise or counterclockwise).
I am not sure about the definition of this polygon.
Perhaps it is a simple polygon (not intersecting) which includes all the
points in the list as vertices and encloses the maximum area.

Is there some algorithm that does it ?
Is there such a thing in sage ?

Thanks,
Eli