On 02/10/2010 11:27 AM, Dana Ernst wrote:

The reason why I am confused is that "Group
Theory and SAGE: A Primer" has a last edited date of 121 days ago (which
according to Wolfram|Alpha is October 12, 2009; can Sage do that?).

Yes, Python can:

sage: import datetime
sage: datetime.date.today()-datetime.timedelta(days=121r)
datetime.date(2009, 10, 13)

However, it's disappointing that I had to do "122r", because apparently the timedelta object can't deal with Sage Integers, but has to have a python integer. So much for duck typing in the timedelta module...

Thanks,

Jason