sage 4.2.1 / virtualbox 3.2.1 / ff 3.5.7 / win7

First:

VirtualBox has stopped talking to Firefox; I get an "Unable to
Connect" error page when I go to the IP given by the Sage intro text.
SSH also fails to connect. However, ping responds immediately!  And
the notebook in the Firefox window in the Ubuntu window works
correctly.  That instance of Firefox also has a working internet
connection.

Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections >
VirtualBox Host-Only Network > Properties > IPv4 is correct.

Then:

I restarted VirtualBox, restarted sage, and tried to restart
notebook.  However, "notebook()" and "notebook(address='')' both threw
the same EOF error message.  Last call is

return cPickle.load(open.self._abspath(filename))

Help!

Thanks,
Josh