On 02/16/2010 05:46 PM, ma...@mendelu.cz wrote:
On Feb 16, 7:14 pm, Jason Grout<jason-s...@creativetrax.com>  wrote:
In case anyone is interested, I added my (very rough) set of
instructions for setting up a Sage server under "Other Instructions" at
the bottom of this page:

http://wiki.sagemath.org/DanDrake/JustEnoughSageServer

Thanks for info. What is the advantage to have 10 sageuser accounts?
I understand the reason for existence of sageuser, but why do you have
10 sageusers?

That was me being paranoid. Each worksheet process executes as a sageuser account in a temporary directory. One of the reasons for using the sageuser accounts was so that one person can't just go in and modify other people's data. The unix filesystem permissions are used to enforce this. However, if you only have two sageuser accounts, and three people open up a worksheet, then at least two worksheet temporary directories are owned by the same sageuser account, so theoretically one of the people could mess with another person's code.

I figured that I wouldn't have more than 10 simultaneous users usually, so having 10 sageuser accounts would probably mean that simultaneous users wouldn't be able to edit each other's temporary directories (because those 10 users would likely be using different sageuser unix accounts). Or at least, it would be less likely.

Thanks,

Jason