Hi Jeff,
sorry I wanted to post this on sage-devel originally and removed it,
but then had no time to repost at sage devel (had to get membership
first). Also sorry about any inconvenience with this download server.
H. Schilly contacted me and maybe it will be available on the sage
mirror soon.

I append the original post, but I think this thread should be in sage-
devel. I could need someone willing to try/test it
and give feedback.

regards
emil

ORIGINAL POST:

Hello,

I created a Live CD (or USB install) for Sage based on the small Puppy
Linux distribution.
Compared to the ubuntu based sage42lwlcd.iso there are more
applications, Sage Doc and Tutorial.
Also there is more "bling" i.e. nicer desktop appearance.

Download:
http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/113543/SageLivePupv02.iso
685 MB md5sum: 359f63129d4f3993bd890e4029b4d98f

Since puppy linux is designed to be small and run well on low spec
computers i figured
it should be a good base platform for a big package like sage. I
tested it on
1 GB, 1.6Ghz and it is quite responsive and workflow seems to be ok.

I am no professional in the field and this is just a labor of love,
but I think
for some this alternative might be useful. It would be great if
anybody could test it.
A quick and easy method i.e is UNetbootin (no CD required).

thanks in advance
emil

PS:
I posted also on the PLinux Forum (screenshot there)
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=52582
and in the sage-edu list.