> One way:
>
> sage: G = SymmetricGroup(3)
> sage: GG = gap(G)

I'm guessing that GG doesn't mean anything special, but is just a name
similar to G, and gap(G) is transforming G into a gap object.  I'm not
exactly clear when this sort of thing needs to be done, but I guess
I'll learn over time.

> sage: GG.LatticeSubgroups().ConjugacyClassesSubgroups()
> [ ConjugacyClassSubgroups(SymmetricGroup( [ 1 .. 3 ] ),Group( () )),
>   ConjugacyClassSubgroups(SymmetricGroup( [ 1 .. 3 ] ),Group( [ (2,3) ] )),
>   ConjugacyClassSubgroups(SymmetricGroup( [ 1 .. 3 ] ),Group( [ (1,2,3) ] )),
>   ConjugacyClassSubgroups(SymmetricGroup( [ 1 .. 3 ] ),Group(

Is there a way to list all of the subgroups, not just the conjugacy
classes?  I experimented with GG.LatticeSubgroups(), but this didn't
seem to do the trick.

I'm trying to find tools for my undergrad abstract algebra class to
use to explore some finite groups.  Related to this, I see that there
is a .is_subgroup command.  How do you create a list of elements to
apply this command to?

Thanks again!

Dana