Hi,

 I'm new to Sage (and Python) and still have some trouble finding my
way through the documentation.

 I would like to create variables with multi-indices (hence indices
are n integers (s_1,s_2,...,s_n)) and I would like to do it in such a
way that I can access these indices and do some simple operations on
them (like increasing the k-th index by one). What is the best way to
do this? Or can someone point me to an answer in the documentation?

 Some more background: I would like to do some symbolic computations
with generic multivariate polynomials where the coefficients are
unknown. Hence these coefficients should be my variables with multi-
indices.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best
Michael