Dear Michael and Minh,

> > So I'm assuming that the documentation is outdated. Maybe this
> > is well know, but I hope it is ok to post this here.
>
> Could you try the examples in the documentation at [1] and see if it's
> what you wanted?
>
> [1]http://www.sagemath.org/doc/reference/sage/misc/functional.html#sage....
>
> --
> Regards
> Minh Van Nguyen

Great!
I have seen in the documentation of [1], and I have seen the notation
sum(1/k^4, k, 1, oo) that is also new for me.

But I want to make a comment, also from this documentation. It says
sum(1/(1+k^2), k, -oo, oo, algorithm = 'mathematica')     # optional
-- requires mathematica

OK, I understand that sage do not kown how to evaluate
sum(1/(1+k^2), k, -oo, oo)

But it answer     0      , that is wrong!!!

(I have yet 4.3.1; I'm waiting 4.3.4 to update my sage)

Yours,

Juan Luis Varona