On 03/30/2010 08:19:33 PM, Mike Witt wrote:
First, note I'm still on Sage Version 4.3.1

 sage: M = matrix([[1,0],[0,1]])
 sage: latex(M)
 \left(\begin{array}{rr}
 1 & 0 \\
 0 & 1
 \end{array}\right)

Now, this seems to work OK in a notebook, but I'm outputting stuff
to a .tex file, and this (for me at least) inserts the extra lines,
making the matrix appears twice as tall as it should. In order to
get it to look right I have to do:

  str = latex(M).replace('\n','')

which appears (to me) to work with either html in a notebook, or
as output to a latex file.

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong (that is often the case :-),
but if anyone has any comments ...

-Mike

Hmmm... Well, I guess I should have tried this before complaining,
but when I cut and paste the output of latex(M) DIRECTLY into the .tex
file everything works the way it's supposed to. So, somewhere along
the line I must be mangling the string. I guess I have some code
somewhere that didn't expect to see line breaks in the middle of the
expression. Sorry about wasting the group bandwidth.

-Mike