I have questions about RDF (and CDF) sparse matrices. How are they implemented?

-for dense matrices, sage uses Scipy matrices and this is transparent.

-but, how are sparse matrices (RDF,CDF) implemented?
   1) Are they  Scipy matrices ?
2) if yes: there are different data structures for sparse matrices in scipy:
     a) an intermediate version which uses a list representation,
not good for number crunching,
b) csc and csr format, which are extremely common in numerical linear algebra (SuperLU uses them, and iterative methods too).

   How hare matrix(RDF,...sparse=True) stored?

If it is possible for sage to build automatically csc or csr matrices, then using sparse solvers is trivial. Otherwise I think it is necessary to build Scipy matrices (lil matrices converted to csr or csc format).

Thank you in advance.
t.d.