2010/5/12 Jérôme Tremblay <jerome.tremb...@gmail.com>:
> On May 12, 3:48 pm, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2010/5/12 Jérôme Tremblay <jerome.tremb...@gmail.com>:
>> > I am unable to run GAP from a network account on my mac.
>> > When I use a local account, everything works fine.
>>
>> > Can anyone help me?
>>
>> What happens if you do
>>
>>    export DOT_SAGE="/tmp/your_username"
>>
>> before starting Sage.  (I'm assuming you're using bash -- if not, set
>> that environ variable appropriately.)
>
> This works.
>
> But with this, the users will not have their worksheets in their
> account but on the local computer, right?

All default user data will be in /tmp instead of $HOME/.sage.    The
above was mainly meant as a test to see if the problem
was really the filesystem...

Regarding worksheets, if that's the only really important config info,
users could do

 sage: notebook('/path/to/their/sage/notebook/directory')

or

  sage -notebook /path/to/their/sage/notebook/directory

You could make a little bash script that contains the above line, but
maybe $HOME/SageNotebook or something...

William

--
William Stein
Professor of Mathematics