Hello,

I'm trying to use sage version 4.4.2 within Linux Mint 7 Gloria. I've
downloaded the sage-4.4.2-linux-32bit-ubuntu_10.04_lts-i686-Linux.tar.gz
from the webiste, unpacked it and tried to run sage and this came up:
| Sage Version 4.4.2, Release Date: 2010-05-19                       |
| Type notebook() for the GUI, and license() for information.        |

WARNING!  This Sage install was built on a machine that supports
instructions that are not available on this computer.  Sage will
likely fail with ILLEGAL INSTRUCTION errors! The following processor
flags were on the build machine but are not on this computer:

pni

Email http://groups.google.com/group/sage-support for help.
To remove this warning and make Sage start, just delete
     /home/alex/Desktop/sage/local/lib/sage-flags.txt
I thought perhaps I installed it wrong so I ran make within the sage
directory and when I tried to run sage again the same message came up. Can I
just ignore this warning or do I need to download a package perhaps for
linux mint to be able to run sage?

Thanks,
Alex