On 27 Jun., 08:27, Jurgis Pralgauskis <jurgis.pralgaus...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I foundhttp://wiki.sagemath.org/SagemathLiveand liked the idea a lot.
>
> but I can't
> accesshttp://boxen.math.washinegton.edu/home/frank/sagemath/squashfs/karmic...
>
> I have netbook with limited diskspace, and I'd like to take it to the journey.
> it runs Lubuntu 10.4 (I am not sure if carmic squashfs would do...)
> of course, I understand, I could make squashfs file myself:
> install it on richer PC running Ubuntu lucid, and then
> run mksquashfs command
> what else should I take into account?

Hello Jurgis,

I havent tried this in Ubuntu, but it should work if you download the
current Ubuntu binaries and mksquashfs the directory tree,
then mount the sfs image like described at the wicki page.
>From my experiences with the Puppy Linux Sage Live CD: 500MB RAM was
not enough to run sage, you also need swap space (maybe 1 GB)-
but Ubuntu might be different- so please try and post results :)

kind regards
emil