On 7/8/10 9:45 PM, Alex Leone wrote:
I just recently got a patch into codemirror (the syntax highlighting
that data files use) so that it resizes just like sage input cell
textarea's.  We should be able to replace input cells with codemirror soon.

Yea! See http://github.com/jasongrout/CodeMirror for my github mirror of CodeMirror, where I've explored some ideas about having javascript widgets embedded in Codemirror cells. The code is just exploratory at this point, but I think there's a real possibility for some fantastic interfaces (for example, a graph editor right in the code cell that lets you draw that graph, like:

G=<box with an editable graph inside it>

).

Thanks,

Jason