Hi,

to no avail I experimented e.g. with

def goppapolynomial(F,z): # return a Goppa polynomial in z over ring
or field F
    X = str(z); R.<X> = PolynomialRing(F);
    return R(X^(N-K));

and some routine which given some 'goppapolynomial'  as input
constructs the coefficients w.r.t. the canonical monomial basis by
differentiation. If I do so the coefficients turn out to be of type
'symbolical expression' and not of the type of the coefficients of the
input polynomial. Therefore I tried the above version of
goppapolynomial, in order to specify the type of coefficients at the
time of specification. However, I fail to pass the indeterminate
because in

R.<X> = PolynomialRing(F);

the indeterminate is rather a literal than a variable. I am stuck. Any
help is highly appreciated, Th.