Hello!

Since yesterday I have been trying to Install Sage 4.5.2 on my
netbook. After many years of using Windows I just changed to Linux (32
Bit, Opensuse 11), so I'm not yet used to working with this operating
system. So I downloaded the binary installation archive from sage.org
and followed exactly the instructions of the Installation Guide. I
could unpack the archive without any problems, but then typing
"/.sage" in the commandline didn't do anything or started Sage with a
bunch of errors ("couldn't open gap"...) so sage was not even able to
compute 3+4. Is there a mistake in the binary or the Installation
guide? I tried at least 5 times to install Sage properly, so I hope,
it wasn't just my own mistake.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Michael