On Sep 27, 3:34 pm, Johannes <dajo.m...@web.de> wrote:
> Hi list,
> is there a way to get a sum of fraction to a common devisor? or even
> better into a product of a fraction like \frac{1}{something here} and a
> sum of integers?
> and my next step would be this, i dont have a single value, which i want
> to get as the above produkt, but i've got a vector for wich i want to
> write as produkt of a skalar times an integervektor.
> how can i do this?
>
> greatz Johannes

Hi,

Is this what you want?

sage: v = vector([2/3,1/4,0])
sage: common_denom = denominator(v)
sage: common_denom
12
sage: vector_of_nums = v * common_denom
sage: vector_of_nums
(8, 3, 0)

note that here, internally, vector of nums is a vector with rational
entries. If you want a vector of sage integers you could do

sage: vector_of_nums = vector_of_nums.change_ring(ZZ)

And you will have a vector with Integer entries, if you need this last
command or not depends on what do you want to do with your vector.

Luis