On 10/12/10 4:59 AM, danielf wrote:
Dear all,

Luckily a bug has been fixed very recently related to the interfacing
with the notebook:
http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/9327  by  David Poetzsch-
Heffter
Thanks for that.

Now I am able to send a command string to sage via the notebook server
and receive the
result string.

I would have thought that the next consequential desire (it is mine)
plot things in the notebook such that who ever wants can call some
link and
see the result. With or without logging in does not matter.
Actually, I want to produce some kind of dynamic data monitor
for a Java application that plots a file to a browser. I.e. the
observed
sheet should not grow infinitely.

So: I would like send "load plotdatafile.sage" to the notebook via the
interface and it plots a current data file.
Sounds simple.

Question: How and where do I see it?

Either send the commands separately in the Simple API call (rather than just a load statement), or load the plotdatafile.sage from a URL, like:

load('http://mysever.com/plotdatafile.sage')

Those are two ways that come to mind.

Jason