On 10/12/10 04:07 PM, Martin Rubey wrote:
Martin Rubey<martin.ru...@math.uni-hannover.de>  writes:

I just discovered

does this imply that the binary on sagemath provided for suse 11.1 will
not work on suse 11.2?

It seems it doesn't!  Below what happens.  Any cure?  Is it known which version
is the last to work?

Many thanks,

Martin

ru...@rp30:~>  sage
| Sage Version 4.5.3, Release Date: 2010-09-04                       |
| Type notebook() for the GUI, and license() for information.        |
sh: symbol lookup error:
/opt/local/sage-4.5.3-linux-64bit-opensuse_11.1_x86_64-x86_64-Linux/local/lib/libreadline.so.6:
 undefined symbol: PC

Readline often causes problems with Suse. If you search the archives you might find a solution. You could try renaming the file $SAGE_ROOT/local/libreadline* to something else and hope for the best.

If you type

tar xvfj readline-$version in the directory $SAGE_ROOT/spkg/standard, then change to the directory readline-$version, take a look at spkg-install and read it. You will see it does some odd things on Suse.

Sage ships with lots of libraries and sometimes they cause conflicts with the system libraries. Readline and suse is a well known example, but as I'm not a Linux user, I don't know the details.

Dave

Dave