On 11/12/2010 04:14:29 PM, Mitesh Patel wrote:
On 11/12/2010 05:48 PM, Mike Witt wrote:
> After a new Fedora 14 installation, I ended up with the "default"
> version of Java they use (IdedTea?) -- This didn't work for
> Sage/JMOL, either on the command line or in the Notebook. So, I
> installed the Oracle version. But both versions are now installed.
> I figured out how to tell Firefox to use the Oracle version, and
> now JMOL works fine in a notebook. But from the sage command line
> it's still not working.
>
> So, I suspect that the sage command line is still calling the
> other version of Java. Is there any way I can check what path
> it's using?

Could you check the symbolic link /etc/alternatives/java? What happens
if you make this point to /path/to/oracle/java/bin/java?

I believe it's correct:

  [m...@vector ~]$ /usr/bin/java -version
  java version "1.6.0_22"
  Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 17.1-b03, mixed mode)

However, it was pointing to the IcedTea java when I built
Sage. I just wondered if perhaps that got "cached" somehow.
I guess that seems unlikely. Maybe the lack of 3d display
from the command line is an unrelated problem?

-Mike