On Dec 13, 1:09 pm, kcrisman <kcris...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think you would have to let k be in that RealField, wouldn't you?
> Or at least f(k).  That might be part of the issue.  If you put the
> whole sum in RealField, the precision will be that of 10000.0, I
> suppose (?) ...

How do you put k in the RealField?  Notice the variable I named
constant also has a "10.0".  I don't know if that is a problem.   Is
there an easy way to just make EVERYTHING have high precision to be
safe?  I tried eliminating my definitions and doing all on one line
but it didn't improve things...

RealField(100000)( sum(10^(-k^2/10000.0) for k in range(-10000,10000))
- 100*sqrt(pi/log(10.0)) )

cs