On 26 Dez., 10:57, emil <emil.widm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Cyrille,
>
> sage-vmware.vmdsk is the virtual harddisk file. I have done a
> installation of the virtual machine recently but I cant recall having
> that troubles.
> I will check my install and look where I find this harddisk file and
> be back later.

OK,

I downloaded sage-vmware to desktop and extracted it there.

The following is extracted from the README.txt with my comments:

Installation
============

Installing Sage should take 15 to 20 minutes, less than 2 GB of hard
drive
space, and be painless.

1. Download sage-vmware-x.y.zip
--> was sage-vmware-4.6.zip

2. Extract it anywhere you want. This will take about 15 minutes
despite
   anything Windows tells you.  Do *not* stop the extract halfway
through
   and think Sage will still work.)
--> was faster (maybe 5 min) on my laptop

3. Make sure you have installed the free VMware program. See the
following
   URL for more information: http://www.vmware.com/products/player/
-->I have VMplayer 3.1.3 installed

4. Double click on sage_vmx in the sage-vmware-x.y directory to run
Sage.
--> IMPORTANT: Filename is "sage-vmware" (sage-vmware.vmx) not
sage_vmx
-->The virtual disk file is also in the same folder, its name is sage-
vmware.vmdk.

Using Sage
==========

1. When Sage starts up, click in the window (and possibly press
   Control-G on some computers), then type "notebook" at the prompt to
   start the Sage notebook server.
-> This is a change with the new versions. You have 3 Icons to start
Notebook, Sage on commandline or a terminal.
-> If you start sagenotebook,in the lower right cornerof the  vm a
window is shown with an IP adress. This is the IP adress to type in
the windows-browser (bookmark it?!)

2. Now you can use Sage via your web browser from Windows
   (it's best to use Firefox).
--> Had no problems with seamonkey and opera

> May I also point you to the sage windows installer, which is kind of a
> different approach:http://boxen.math.washington.edu/home/emil/doc/html/en/

Any feedback?

> kind regards
> emil
>
> On 26 Dez., 06:59, Cyrille Piatecki <cyrille.piate...@univ-orleans.fr>
> wrote:
>

> > So I have isntalled vmWare Player and double-clicked on
> > sage-vmware.vmx as is said in the tutorial but the answer is
>
> > File not found: sage-vmware.vmdk
Since all necessary files should be present if you downloaded the
correct zip file, I just can think of a wrong setting in the VMplayer
configuration.

On the top of the VM-window check Virtual Machine/ Virtual Machine
settings/ Options (Tab) / Working directory (on right side)

> > Thanks
>
> > Cyrille

merry christmas