Hi list
I am looking for a elegant and easy way to compute a basis for a
subspace of a given Lattice.
In paticular i have this situatoin:
Let V \subset ZZ^n be a lattice and U \subset V the sublattice spanned
by u,v \in U.
In my special situatoin I have dim V = n = 3, dim U = 2 but it would be
nice to have a solution for arbitrary dimensions of V and Codim of U = 1.
I need to calculate a basis for some U' \subset V such that U \subset U'
and all basiselements of U' are primitive.
This could be reformulated in the following way:
Given U, I'm looking for the finest lattice U' \subset V, which contains U.

Up to now I did this by calculating a basis of U, looking at the
vectorfield spanned by this basis and take its basis as basis for U'
(after converting the entries back to integers).

This works, but it seems not to be the best way to do it.

greatz Johannes