Thanks.   This version of sage worked fine for all the things I wanted
to do till today; I'll get the latest version immediately.
In case your questions were not merely rhetorical:
I did see that warning message, but since what I was doing was
graphical (i.e. numerical) and
it refers to symbolic computations,  and since I did many symbolic
computations successfully in spite of that message,
I have grown used to ignoring that message.