This is a such a big problem that a conference recently was dedicated
to fixing it. Sometime this year there should be a new notebook system
designed for dealing with lots of users. There are alternative
notebook servers such as http://alpha.sagenb.org, but I don't
recommend telling 75 students to use it. The notebook was not designed
to be used by many users at once. So I recommend waiting until it gets
redesigned for scalability.