Notebook documentation mentions a boolean switch called "secure" for
SSL.

When I try to turn it on my notebook server, I get an error about a
domain Sage needs.

How exactly does this switch work and how does Sage want to do SSL?

In my limited experience, when I want SSL protection, I set up an
Apache proxy (mod_proxy) in front of my app running on localhost.
Obviously, if Sage's SSL worked that way then Sage would need more
info that just toggling a boolean called "secure" so it must be doing
things differently.

Please advise.

Sincerely,

cs