I want to do a lot of finite field computations, and want to use
Cython to speed things up.  It's not clear to me what the details are
that I need to adhere to.  I noticed from the comments in
element_givaro.pyx that the givaro library is fastest from fields of
size < 2^16.  However, some of the fields that I want to calculate in
are bigger than that.  So the particular question is -- what
declarations to I need to import, and most importantly can I do this
use formulae in my program (e.g like a*b + c^2) or will I need to
labaoriously write out all the individual function calls?

Victor

PS. If someone has a .pyx/.pxd program that does such a thing as an
example, that would probably be most of what I need.