On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 12:21 PM, Johannes <dajo.m...@web.de> wrote:
> Hi list
> i need to construct two morphisms
> f:ZZ^n \to Z given by a diagonalmatrix
> and g: ZZ -> Z/dZ
>
> because I have to find the kernel of the compositoin.
> consturcting g was no problem by g = ZZ.hom(ZZ.quotient(ZZ.ideal(d)))
> father, getting the kernel of f as matrix worked too.
> but how to get the kernel of the compositoin?

I'll speak in code:

sage: f = Hom(ZZ^3, ZZ^1)([1,2,3])
sage: g = Hom(ZZ^1, ZZ.quotient_ring(7)^1)([1])
sage: g * f
Free module morphism defined by the matrix
[1]
[2]
[3]
Domain: Ambient free module of rank 3 over the principal ideal domain ...
Codomain: Vector space of dimension 1 over Ring of integers modulo 7
sage: h = g * f
sage: h.kernel()
Free module of degree 3 and rank 2 over Integer Ring
Echelon basis matrix:
[ 1  1 -1]
[ 0  3 -2]

 -- william