Hi

  Thanks for your response.  Here is the issue I am facing right now.
I am running this particular piece of code on sage which basically
runs the command
> t=gp.thueinit(f(x),1);
> m=gp.thue(t,1)

for a number of cubic polynomials f(x). It turns out this works fine
for most polynomials. I would like to know which ones are the ones for
which
the code above fails.

I tried running my program on an older version of pari, even though
there were bugs reported in that too, the number of bugs was
definitely less. So this is
definitely an issue with pari/gp too.
But any pointers on how to figure out what polynomials this fails for
are welcome. And is it possible to run sage 4.7.1 with an older
version of Pari/gp?

To answer your question, I am using VMWare on Windows to run sage.

Thanks
Amir