Thanks for your response.
I found the same error when not setting SAGE64=yes. I noticed I got this
message higher in the install log:
Failed to find the necessary bits to build these modules:
bsddb185           dl                 gdbm
imageop            linuxaudiodev      ossaudiodev
spwd               sunaudiodev

would it be related to python not finding the math module? Are these modules
necessary?

--
David