> I've been trying to insert Greek letters into my graph (mu). I tried alt
> codes and didn't find anything in the wiki's. Is there an easy way to do this?

Where would you like to do this?  Here is an example.

P = plot(sin(x),(x,0,pi),axes_labels=['$\\mu$','$y$'])
show(P)
P += text("$\\mu$",(pi,1))
show(P)

> Second, is there a way to control the tick marks on the axis separately or
> even remove them altogether? I'm doing some normal distribution templates and
> the y axis really isn't necessary.

Yup!  See http://www.sagemath.org/doc/reference/sage/plot/plot.html
and search for 'ticks' and 'tick_formatter'.  You can do even more by
using matplotlib directly.

- kcrisman