On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 at 11:09PM +0200, Jose Guzman wrote:
> AttributeError: 'sage.rings.integer.Integer' object has no attribute
> 'rstrip'
>
> **** Running Sage on example.sage failed! Fix example.tex and try again.
>
> I moved $SAGEROOT/local/share/texmf/tex/ to /usr/local/share/texmf
> following the instructions to install sagetex.
>
> Does anybody knows what's wrong here?

Your TeX installation is finding an old version of sagetex.sty. Do

     kpsewhich sagetex.sty

If the result is inside your distribution's TeX installation, you
need to make TeX ignore that file. I would rename or delete the old
sagetex.sty and use the above command to make sure that TeX is finding
the sagetex.sty that comes with your current version of Sage.

Dan

--
---  Dan Drake
-----  http://mathsci.kaist.ac.kr/~drake