.sage files are not meant to be used like normal Python modules.  You
can only load or attach them.  I implemented this in 2005, when I was
basically "implementing something like Magma" on top of Python.  I'm not sure
this is good or bad, but I definitely find

    sage: attach file.sage

to be *useful* in practice.

Yep, "attach" is really usefull. However I've some big bunches of code using sage divided in several packages and I thus have to name them .py :) And then I have to use the "difficult" syntax.

It's not really an issue, but when I began I has some difficulties to understand why some pieces of code was working in a context and nonworking in an other.

Have a good afternoon,
Laurent