Hi Mr. Widmann and Mr Braun,

Thanks for your responses, sorry my reply has been slow. I'll try out your
distro during the week Mr. Widmann, I ran out of cap last month :S. The
Read Me I was referring to was both of the Read Me's on the Sage download
site. I can't remember which one I'm afraid.

As to the *.ovf, I got that by extracting the *.ova file, some old
instructions I found on google told me to do that :S I'm now using the
OVA's as supplied.

In the *.ova, I had er... Sage 4.7.1, the problem still persists, some how
the network settings were broken when I played around with the VM router
File > Preferrences (Ctrl+G) > Network > Virtual Box Adapter (Select) >
Edit (Space) > make changes applicable to your system.
The network settings for the VM as per Mr. Braun's instructions are also to
do with it.

Since My last e-mail and your replies I got the 4.7.2 ova and the problem
seems to have fixed itself I also installed  an Open SUSE VM to check I
could get the network working with the VM and this seemed to work fine,
both using NAT and the Bridged adaptor.

Yesterday when I took the PC to another network, that broke the sage VM
again. I fixed it this time by deleting the VM and re-importing, you loose
your files that way but it atleast gets you running again. I believe the
problem is with virtualbox and not the distribution, so thank you for your
time spent helping me. I'll keep pocking around a bit, If I find anything
that may be of use to some one who reads this mailing list then I'll reply
here again, mostly because I've seen this question asked a few times on the
web but it's seldomly replied to/solved.

regards,

Carel