On 3 April 2012 17:06, Dima Pasechnik <dimp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Probably. You can see what Sage does in this regard by looking
> at the value of LD_LIBRARY_PATH in Sage shell
> (i.e. when you run sage -sh)

Doing this reveals $LD_LIBRARY_PATH to contain

/usr/local/sage/local/lib/R/lib:/usr/local/sage/local/lib/openmpi:/usr/local/sage/local/lib/

None of these directories contain .so files, so I guess sage's python
cannot be finding the .so files using this variable.

I've been doing a bit more experimenting, and it seems to be using
sys.path. If I append the directory
$SAGE_ROOT/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/foo then I can import
bar. However, it is imported as bar, not foo.bar. Is there any way to
make it import as foo.bar ? Also, I'm confused why .py files in the
same directory cannot import it, as I thought the current directory is
always searched.

I'm extremely confused about all this....

Emil