There is some Sage meeting this afternoon in Paris.
I have a Windows 7 installation on my laptop, I'll give a VirtualBox
installation a try, maybe I'll be more lucky than last time.
That was particularly painful to have people ready to try Sage on their
computer at a previous meeting, but being unable to connect to the Sage
notebook server running inside the virtual machine.

By the way, I have had no problems running a notebook server within a
VirtualBox virtual machine on a Debian guest, and having a dozen of
students connecting to it from distant hosts...