On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 5:51 AM, Priyanka Kapoor
<anjalicool.kapoor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 3:06 PM, David Joyner <wdjoy...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Did you try sympy?
>
> No. Does it solve 4th order diff. eq.? If yes, can you please give
> link. And approach that i am using is wrong or invalid?

I googled "sympy differential equation" and got this:
http://docs.sympy.org/dev/modules/mpmath/calculus/odes.html
There might be better links. I just mentioned sympy because AFAIK it
solved more DEs that Sage's default system (which as you point out is
currently maxima). I'm not sure if it will work, just a suggestion.
I'm not sure what is wrong with your code either. It seems your traceback
message tells you that though.