On Wednesday, July 18, 2012 11:05:33 PM UTC-4, kcrisman wrote:

> I assume that it's not possible to have Sage start with just the one click
> from a pre-installed VM, at this time?

It should work. I haven't seen the pop-up dialogs that your user reports,
it might be due to a version mismatch of VirtualBox. What is he using?

The boot-up time can be improved upon by starting from a saved machine
snapshot instead of booting the whole VM. This also gets rid of
intermittent black screens while booting etc.

I've taught Sage-based labs and just told people to run a script that
rsync'ed a Sage install once to the local disc and then ran it from there.
Of course you need lab computers with a real OS ;-)

So you are saying that people currently would have to save their sws to
> this shared folder, then resave it/move it from there to somewhere else
> (like a USB drive) in the Windows file manager?

Or use the host web browser, connect to http://localhost:8000 and interact
with the Sage server though that. Assuming that their Windows box
networking isn't crippled by virus/antivirus/spambot/firewall software.