On 09/03/12 14:49, mazkime wrote:
> Thank you for your answer and sorry for the typo mistake.
> Your solution works well with the example given but doesn't work as I
> would like with exponents (x^2, ...).

Yeah it's not ideal. I needed to do this with symbolic derivatives, and
the method I posted doesn't work for those either. My workaround was to
replace e.g. f'(-1) with var('d1fx0') before trying the collect() trick.

The same thing might work here -- replacing x^2 by var('x2') or
something -- but it does get ugly after a while.

> What I would like to get is Sage returning expressions with coefficients
> sorted by the value of the exponents, like when using multivariate
> polynomial rings.

> Is there a solution to my problem ?

If there is, I'd like to know it!