On Mon, 1 Oct 2012, Jori Mantysalo wrote:

I wanted to get lattice of transitive subgroups.

Answering to myself:

G=[s for s in SymmetricGroup(5).conjugacy_classes_subgroups() if s.is_transitive()]

print join([ 'G'+str(i)+": "+join([ 'G'+str(j) for j in range(len(G)) if G[j].is_subgroup(G[i])]) for i in range(len(G))], "\n")

Not very efficient, but this can handle groups to S_9 and I guess that S_10 need more than little tuning on this.

This question is still left:

Third, what is easiest way to get list of maximal transitive subgroups of group?

--
Jori Mäntysalo