Hi,
My question is the following, I have a permutation group defined by
generators, g_1,..,g_n

So if these elements are in a list (lets call it L)
then I can do
S=PermutationGroup(L)

and I can check if a permutation g is in the group, just writting

g in S

Fine, but in the case that g is in S, how to find a representation of g
using the generators? i.e.,

g=g_{i_1}*...*g_{i_n}

I know the Schreier-Sims algorithm, which gives the membership of g, but
the combinations is given in terms of transversals (which you don't know
their
representation) and stabilizers.

Trying to save the representation of each of the generators of the
stabilizers
and the transversals is very slow and memory consuming compare with just
g in S.

Also, search algorithms like A* are not an option.

Is there any better way to check?

Thank you in advance for your time