Please, could you explain more what is the problem.
According to my understand. b and c are two parameters and you want to
solve for d.
and you try to use grobner basis, but what I know grobner basis for
polynomial and this is not polynomial because the square root. So , you can
write d=y^2, y^2==b*y+c if d is real. And if d is complex, d=-y^2,
-y^2==i*b*y+c.

On 26 October 2012 12:42, Jan <derwurzel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a similar problem I can't solve
> d==b*sqrt(d)+c
> for d. All suggestions (to_poly_solve, use_grobner) did not work.
>
> Thanks,
> Jan

Doaa Mostafa Ali Elsakout

PhD student at Heriot-Watt University