On Oct 31, 2012, at 10:18 AM, Andreas Paeffgen wrote:
> On 2012-10-30 17:09:38 +0000, Ivan Andrus said:
> On Oct 30, 2012, at 2:47 PM, Andreas Paeffgen wrote:
>
> Hi,
> on Macos 10.7.4 and the .app - version of sage, i can start the notebook
> server over the application menu.
>
> I want to set some default settings like ipadress and security=true.
>
> I do not want to start the notebook server via the terminal, because than the
> terminal has to be open all the time.
>
> Any hints where and how to put a prefrence file would be great.
> The following options should be included:
>
> sage: notebook(address="ipaddress",port=8100,secure=True)
>
> Unfortunately, that's not very easy right now.  I plan to fix it in the
> future--it won't be very hard.  First I have to get some other stuff merged
> though.  I just need to get back in the swing of getting things reviewed.
> Here's what you can do right now:
>
> 1. Find Sage.app in the Finder
> 2. Right-click and "Show Package Contents"
> 3. Navigate to Contents/Resources
> 4. Edit start-sage.sh
> 5. On line 55 it says
>
>     ./sage --notebook >> "$SAGE_LOG" 2>> "$SAGE_LOG"
>
> change this to whatever you need.  In your case
>
>     ./sage --notebook port=8100 secure=True address="ipaddress"  >>
> "$SAGE_LOG" 2>> "$SAGE_LOG"
>
> HTH,
> Ivan
>
> Hi Ivan,
> this change works only have the way. The option secure=False works great;
> secure=True gives me a lot of errors / troubles.
> Should i open a ticket in http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ ? I could not
> find a category for the sage.app version.

Sure, you can open a ticket.  There is no category for Sage.app, so make sure
to cc me (iandrus) when you create a ticket.  FWIW, I can't start one from the
command with secure=True since it complains about pyOpenSSL.  This is
documented in the README included with Sage, so you may have to follow the
instruction there if you haven't already.  Does it work from the command line?

> Also i use sage 5.3. On the track system i found just 5.4 and higher.

That's meant for when the fix will be available, not for the version it was
reported against.

-Ivan