On 11/29/12 2:04 PM, Andre, der Besonnene wrote:
I guess I've forgotten to mention that sage works when the directoryname
has the suffix *.sagenb

so this works: sage: notebook(directory="/home/sage/s.sagenb",interface='')
this doesn't work: sage: notebook(directory="/home/sage/s",interface='')

When the given directory doesn't exist, one is created, in either case
with the suffix *.sagenb. I think, when twisted should get started it
doesn't get the *.sagenb suffix in the second case.

It sounds like you've narrowed things down to the real problem. I bet the directory creation code automatically appends a .sagenb suffix, but the 'tell twisted where to put a pid file' function doesn't automatically append the .sagenb suffix. That also explains why people haven't noticed this---the default is to create a directory with the .sagenb suffix.

Thanks,

Jason