Hello

Sage VM runs Chrome in kiosk mode, and refuses to get out of kiosk mode (I
can press F11 to my heart's content; it doesn't change anything), therefore
won't allow any changes to its settings. The settings certainly need to
change for non-trivial work, as when I'd like to save a worksheet to a
shared folder created through the VM, and not to /home/gui/Downloads, which
is not accessible to the Windows desktop, or not easily.

For some real entertainment, try clicking on Chrome's invitation to view
the folder where a file was downloaded. The window comes up full screen and
you can't navigate back to Chrome, or not easily.

What exactly is the appeal of kiosk mode? On the user's own machine, it
constrains the user and makes it hard (well nigh impossible?) to change
settings or to explore. Perhaps there is some trump in kiosk's hand of
which I am unaware, but IMHO it has to go.

john perry

PS: I also liked the old way, where the user was given an explicit option
to run command-line sage or worksheet sage. I can work around the current
approach (CTRL+ALT+Fsomething does the trick), but if anyone cares, it
would be really nice to have the old way back.