Hello Matti,

You can use OpenCV from Sage. I just wrote a tutorial on how to get
everything working.
I was able to detect faces directly from the Sage notebook interface, so I
guess you should be able to use the functionality you need as well.
Here is the link to the post:

http://www.samontab.com/web/2012/12/using-opencv-in-sage

Best Regards,
Sebastian Montabone