Hi,

     I am using sage 5.6 on cantor 0.3. I am working on trying to find the
eigenvalues, and vectors for a damped harmonic oscillator. I am using the
form using the undamped angular
frequency<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angular_frequency>of the oscillator, and
damping ratio.

code:
'define in variables'

c,k,l,m,x,y,u,v,xdot,ydot,udot,vdot =
var('c,k,l,m,x,y,u,v,xdot,ydot,udot,vdot', domain = RR)

I = var('I', domain = QQ)

'undamped angular frequency'

s = c/(2*sqrt(m*k))

'damping ratio'

wo=sqrt(k/m)

'first ode equations for the damping oscillator'

xdot = u;

ydot = v;

-udot = 2*s*wo*u+(wo^2)*x;

-vdot = 2*s*wo*v+(wo^2)*y;