On Monday, January 21, 2013 3:28:29 PM UTC, Simon King wrote:

> OK, then we should at least fix the documentation of LLL_gram.

Our LLL_gram does this:

if self._nrows != self._ncols:
            raise ArithmeticError("self must be a square matrix")

        n = self.nrows()
        # maybe should be /unimodular/ matrices ?
        P = self._pari_()
        try:
            U = P.lllgramint()
        except (RuntimeError, ArithmeticError), msg:
            raise ValueError("not a definite matrix")
        MS = matrix_space.MatrixSpace(ZZ,n)
        U = MS(U.python())
        # Fix last column so that det = +1
        if U.det() == -1:
            for i in range(n):
                U[i,n-1] = - U[i,n-1]

 besides changing documentation we should also replace call to (deprecated)
lllgramint() by a call to qflllgram().

And yes, if the time difference is so large that is an obvious sign we can
speed-up the current test for positive-definiteness.

Cheers,